Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, May 11, 2015

Hello to those I love!
 I will try my best to explain what has happened this week. To sum it up, lots of meetings, lots of doctors, an ER visit, and... A BAPTISM to top it all off! Things are exciting.
 
Luis got baptized on Saturday, it was wonderful! I am so excited for his journey to begin, because that is the beauty of the baptismal covenant, it IS just the beginning. The spirit filled the room and he now is a member of Jesus Christ's church, what more could you ask for? As he came back from the font he just kept saying, "Sisters, I feel so good. I feel so good." and that was simple enough for anyone to understand the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
 We had Mission Leadership Council this Tuesday where I gave a training on Diligence to all the leaders of the mission, that was intimidating. Friday we had Zone Training where we presented all the trainings again from MLC, and then Saturday we had a Sister Training Leader meeting with just the STL's at the mission home. Filled with much knowledge and huge doses of the spirit, I am grateful for all that I learn and what the Lord teaches me over and over again. He sure knows I need repetition, maybe that's why I'm always giving trainings in scary meetings!
So, this week, I have been in the E.R and in and out of doctors. I got a spider bite that got super infected and after a sketchy Urgent Care place and a few needles and cuts and an E.R visit later, I am doing okay. In some good pain but I got some good pain medicine (makes me loopy) and a companion who FORCES me to rest (I'd rather knock doors) so all is well! I'd send pics but you really don't want to see it. The weirdest things happen on missions, I tell ya what.
What is it?  Spider Bite?  I don't know!
 My testimony was solidified this week of the power of the Priesthood of God. It is real, and it is truly Jesus Christ's authority on the earth today to bless our lives. I received multiple blessings this week and I felt the love of my Heavenly Father through a worthy Priesthood Holder and the blessings promised. I am grateful for the Priesthood men in my life as I know miracles happen because of it. I love this gospel, I'm so very grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and the infinite love he shows me. I have a burning testimony of the Book of Mormon and the power it has to change lives.
 
"How lonely and hard life would be if the only thing religion and faith in Christ could give us was an assurance that everything will be alright 'then', in the future at the judgment, but offered no temporal relief or guidance now. However, because the Atonement is infinite and eternal, it spans past, present, and future. Thus it can help us with our past, present, and future."
 
Have a wonderful week!
Sushi makes everything better!
XOXO   Sister Flink
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment