Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Shall We Falter Or Shall We Finish?‏

Well friends, another week down in Lenexa. Its crazy to think I'll be going into my 3rd week here. Yet its totally believable. Been a refining process with lots of stress, tears, and sweat. And you know what's awesome about being a missionary,  you can say that we know how Moroni felt, we know how Peter felt, how Ammon felt, and how the Sons of Mosiah felt.  We know it because we are in the battle side by side, fighting with our might for our Savior and for his atonement.  Although life may be tough, the atonement was tougher. And he is our advocate, our mediator, and he knows exactly how we feel.

Thanks for the package of PURE JUNK FOOD this week. it has been enjoyable. (: except.. no more, I get enough of it. Care packages must insist of... EFY cd's, clothes, knick knacks, pictures, and maybe a little junk food.  HaHa just kidding it was great. Thank you so much.
My August Package!  July Package was Mrs Fields Cookies!
We actually had an investigator at church! Holy cow! I went from having six a week at church to none and i was devastated, but Wardella came! And she enjoyed it. We are meeting with her this week and I am praying we can set her with a baptismal date.
 
Highlight of the week: We found a cute little free library that people put books in. We wrote in a Book of Mormon, "Read and pray about this book, it will change your life." We went back a few days later and someone took it and we replaced it with another one.
We had a life changing Zone Training this week, it really set the course for these next few weeks, Heavenly Father knew I needed it. It refreshed my mind, recomitted my heart, and gave me the dilligence I needed.
 
We also had a mini missionary this weekend. When we got the call my first intial thought was, "Heavenly father, I am in a new area with a new missionary, and we have no appointments, nothing planned, and you are sending a mini missionary for three days. I dont know what potential you think I have but I am not seeing it.." I repented because we had a great weekend. No appointments, but we met some great people and did service. She said it was an amazing experience and I felt relieved like I had done my job.
Sister Joshlyn Manning and my new PJ's!
Sometimes that what Heavenly Father wants to see, If we will simply just strive to "do our job" with faithfulness and diligence.
 
I know this church is true, and it will bless our live more than you will ever know. Embrace it and cherish it.
“All those who journey, soon or late,
Must pass within the garden’s gate;
Must kneel alone in darkness there,
And battle with some fierce despair.
God pity those who cannot say:
‘Not mine but thine’; who only pray:
‘Let this cup pass,’ and cannot see
The purpose in Gethsemane.”
 
I love you all!
 
Sister Flink

0 comments:

Post a Comment