Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Week Was Slow, The Work Is Slow!

Hello All!
Not super tons to say today except the fact that I love and appreciate every single one of you. The work is slowly, but surely, moving along and we will have miracles this next week. Count on it! My Zone is great!  We are volunteering at a place called "Deanna Rose Farmstead" every Tuesday!
Left to Right:  Sister Hansen, Sister Mcling, Sister Flink, Sister Colledge
Sister Hansen
We live in a pretty nice apartment complex.  Our apartment is right by the pool where people are always partying, playing music ...makes me mad  haha!! You know how I love the sun, music and laying out by the pool! 
Highland Ridge Apartments- Overland Park Kansas
Guess what! My Bishop served here in Independence 30 years ago.  I think Dad knew him.  Elder Ash!  Also, some sweet lady came up to me at church who knows Julie Clark and said hi to me!  One of Julie Clark college roommates, it was so fun!

Its been a long week and when I say long I mean I have never experienced time so slow before. We were on foot this week, and of course we don't get to far when it takes 45 minutes just to walk to our area, we live outside. We want to be able to work with the members and less actives but they all basically live on the other side of our area and there is no possible way we could get there on foot or bike. There is multiple freeways in between and it takes 20 minutes just to get to the church. Yet, we have a part time car, its kind of rough and I am just praying we can figure out how to be effective here. We finally got bikes though so thats good, we had quite a week trying to find one that sister colledge could even ride because she's so little.  I love her!

Yeah, I was wondering about letters.. I'm sitting here thinking "the one week I beg them to write me letters because I actually will NEED them, nobody writes." and I got really angry and then I got over it! haha I guess I'll just get a huge flood of letters this week.   I don't oppose that.  Guess I need to put the Apt # so I can get the letters.  Thanks for reminder MOM!

We were getting excited because we actually started having appointments, we had 5 in two days and every single one fell through. those were the 5 new ones from last week, but we will see if we can get in touch with them this week. We found a really solid girl to teach from street contacting and set an appointment with her and then she texted us an hour later and said she's not ready. We did get some service with some members this week though so we are glad about that. Problem is everyone turns down service, I'm about to just show up and say "I am called to SERVE for 18 months. I dont want to waste my time, can I please help you today?" Im considering that approach instead! haha.  I have never spent so much time on my knees pleading for help and guidance. I fasted yesterday for miracles and to find people who are REALLY ready to recieve the gospel. As we act in faith, I am confident that he Lord will provide. That is the trick, unfailing, unwaivering faith that he will provide when we work.

The Lord challenges us in different ways and on different days, sometimes weeks, sometimes months, but we are capable of much more than we think we are. I don't know HOW exactly the atonement of Christ works in our lives, but I know it does. I have felt its power and its strength lift me up. I have felt my Savior ease my mind and my burdens.

As a missionary we share the message of the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we testify of the truthfulness of the prophet Joseph Smith and the divinity of the Book of Mormon. We invite others to come unto Christ, to partake of the sweetness of the everlasting gospel. But are we are truly converted ourselves? I challenge each of us to take a look at our lives, at our hearts, efforts, and thoughts and become truly more converted to the Savior and his gospel. PLEASE, pray for missionary opportunities. Share the gospel, it is a duty for each and every one of us, but it is not a burden, it is the happiest message the world has ever known. Share it and rejoice in it.
 
I love you all and have a fantastic week!  Send Letters!
 
Sister Flink

0 comments:

Post a Comment