Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, July 13, 2015

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Hellooooooooooooo from OP, Kansas!
We had a little tornado here in OP Kansas!  Nothing like taking cover as the sirens are going off at Panera Bread near the intersection of Shawnee Mission Pkwy and Melrose Lane.  If I am going to take cover during a tornado, you bet it will be in a bakery!  We were not too scared, the girl in the back might be a little bit!  Nothing like sharing the gospel over some nice bread!
 
I really cant remember much of what happened this week because we've been so busy. Investigator wise: MIRACLES. We are teaching some amazing people. Amber, Dan, Kristin, Paige, Marshall, and lots of lots of less active returning members. The work is booming and I'm so grateful to be apart.
The Raw Creek Sister - LOVE THEM!
Sister Medel
Tuesday we had exchanges with 1 set of our sisters, The Kaw River sisters, I was here with Sister Medel. She is a convert of 3 years to the church and taught me so much. I don't feel qualified to be a Sister Training Leader, and they teach me so much more than I teach them, so I am grateful for the special calling the Lord gave me to learn from some incredible Sisters. We saw miracles that day, we found 3 new investigators in 30 minutes and taught some great lessons. 
I think she is loving the idea of hurting me!
Wednesday after district meeting my companion forced me to go to Urgent Care and get my spider bite checked.. they numbed me up and cut it open an I just have a little hole in my leg that will hopefully leave... soon. :( but we didn't waste any time getting back to work and we had dinner with a non member who became an Investigator, Miracles!
 
Friday we had a Sister Training Leader meeting at the mission home and I received so much revelation and guidance of what I can do to be better and to help and serve to my fullest capacity. That night, we had a set of our Sisters get emergency transferred and we went to their apartment and were able to sit down with them and talk to them and counsel with them. I was so grateful for the spirit in that moment of need, and for a companion who supports me and helps me. Amidst the conflict and circumstances of these Sisters, I was able to see them as Christ saw them, and bear testimony of the Atonement of Christ and the hope, help, healing, and light we receive as we let the Lord carry us. I was thankful for the opportunity to be a vessel for the Lord in giving comfort and counsel and knew without a doubt it wasn't me talking, but the spirit working through Sister Coats and I to say the right thing at the right moment.
Its been a good week with many tender mercies, I know the Lords hand is near. I've been pondering about the strong force of evil going on around us and the things we must stand for, and I thought about how sometimes we simply don't know WHY the Lord does things the way He does, and we may never know why, but like Adam we can go forth and keep the commandments of God and say, "I know not, save the Lord commanded me." and be obedient to our Father in Heaven and trust in the reality of his promises.

"Evil triumphs when good men do nothing."

You are all good, so so good. the elect, the very best. And I am so grateful to know you, go forth with courage to do what you KNOW to be right, even if all you know is that its a good thing to do. The Savior walks with us in the fight for right, we must trust him and let him lead the way.
I truly love you all, make it a great week, XOXO Sister Flink
Daddy-o.......
I went to the Dr! And don't worry! I already got a mouthful of lecture from President Vest at the Sister Training Leader meeting about how I need to take care of myself and stop working so hard when my body isn't responding. Then all my companions ganged up on me and told him that I never rest when I need too. Because I've had a croopy cough and fever this week, so he made Sister Coats take me home and put me to bed and he's been watching me like a hawk.... Rude. The mission is wearing on me, I'm soooo tried.
I'm feeling better though, and I'm on Antibiotics and a cream thing for the spider bite, they had to numb it and cut it open and dig it out again. I don't know why this craziness keeps happening.Anyways, I love you!Sister Flink 
 
Sometimes you just need to be SILLY!   A nice break from tornado weather!





0 comments:

Post a Comment