Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, July 20, 2015

The Beauty Of The Gospel

Yo Yo everyone!
Hope your enjoying your day, its rainy and muggy here is Kansas, gotta love the humidity. NOT. Its been a great week and its been HOT!
 
 
Some wonderful highlights...
We had lots of lessons with Dan and Amber getting them both ready for their baptisms on Saturday.  Dan has been a light to me in this area, he inspires me to be better and positive. With his Parkinson's disease, he has every reason to be negative but he finds the beauty in every single day. This week we had a lesson and the spirit directed us to talk about trials and he said, "Sometimes I wonder if I did something wrong in this life and that's why I have these circumstances." Tears filled my eyes as I heard this special Son of God tells us of his sorrows. I looked at him and I testified of how I know that God is not punishing him, God gives us trials because he wants to go grow. He wants us to rely on him, he wants us to become the divine people we are meant to be. Life would be pointless without tests and mountains to climb. I said, "Dan, I promise you that you are going to soften hearts and change lives in this church, you will be an example and a beacon of hope to all of us." Silent tears rolled down his cheeks as he held his walker with his shaky hands, I am so excited for his baptism. Both the Elders are going to be baptizing him to make sure he doesn't fall, and he has his suit picked out for the big day! He's a funny guy. Yesterday during the ordinance of the Sacrament he turned to me and said, "Sister Flink, now wouldn't be a good time to tell you a Mitt Romney joke would it? I just thought of one." or in our lesson after he asked how old we are he said, "Golly, its horrible when you have underwear older than your missionaries." or this was the best one this week... Dan texted us and said, "Sisters, can we push the lesson back to 10:30, i need 15 minutes to hide all the Coffee, Tea, and wild woman." He really just needed time to get his shoes on. Oh Dan! What a great guy!
We had lunch with our Muslim friend, Jenine. She has been taught in the past but is not interested in joining the church. We had a long conversation about our religions and beliefs, and without going into detail, may I just say how eternally grateful I am for the truthfulness that we know. Brothers and Sisters, we are so lucky. DO NOT take the gospel for granted, there are so many who are so close but yet, so far from the truth. I am so grateful for the knowledge we have that Jesus Christ is truly the Son of God, the Savior and Redeemer of the world. That is such a special and divine knowledge, we can be forgiven, we can have hope and light.
We went to the temple this week! That was a blessing, we get to go every 4 months and the peace it brings is unspeakable. I was renewed in my vigor to serve and be consecrated to the Lord.
We met Marie this week, she is now an investigator who has been through a lot in her life. We got out of the car and she ran up to us and we had no idea who she was, but a less active had invited her to meet with us and the less active didn't let us know.. so she runs up and hands us each some lotion and perfume and says, "I am so glad you are here! Thank you so much for coming for me." We just looked at each other and I said, "Hi! Whats your name?" and then she proceeded to tell us that she was there with the less active we were coming to see. It was one of the coolest lessons I have had on my mission, she told us all about her life story and she has been through more than any of us could even imagine. She is trying to turn her life around and start over. She cried as she said, "I just need my life back. I want to be happy again, I want peace, I want to be a woman of God, im ready to do whatever it takes, please help me." and I sat there and my mind was just racing, what a blessing it is to have the Knowledge of Jesus Christ and EVERYTHING that he represents is happiness, peace, and new beginnings. Marie is a miracle, and Marie understands her need for a new beginning and we are so grateful that we get to be instruments in the Lords hand to help her.

The work is wonderful!

God Loves Us Completely
“Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely.
Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly.
Though we may feel lost and without compass, God’s love encompasses us completely.
What this means is that, regardless of our current state, there is hope for us.
No matter our distress, no matter our sorrow, no matter our mistakes, our
infinitely compassionate Heavenly Father desires that we draw near to
Him so that He can draw near to us."

My companion is amazing. I love her, we have so much fun. She has taught me so much! I love and cherish every moment I have to wear this tag.
I love you all, thanks for all your support and love, until next week,
XOXO Sister Flink
 
Good morning Mama!
What's new with me? Well, not much. things are going good. It was definitely a spider bite, its healing and almost closed. I am afraid my body is failing me haha! I feel like I have mono again. I have somehow injured the middle of my back and I can hardly turn side to side, maybe tore a muscle. My body feels nailed to the bed in the mornings, I ache, I feel like I need a nap every 2 hours, I don't have the mental or physical energy I need and its been really frustrating. I am receiving a blessing today, if it doesn't get better I will call President Vest. I think the mission has taken its toll on me, I'm tired Mom! But so happy, it's like the scripture, "the mind is willing but the flesh is weak"
Its been a good week. Amber and Dan are getting baptized this Saturday, we are finding people to teach and the wards are great.  The family we live with has a son our age that is coming into town so we will be sleeping at the OP1 sisters apartment on the floor for a week, they are a set we are over so it will be good to be with them and nip contention in the bum.
I love hearing about all you do during the week and how everyone is doing. Sounds like life is just moving right along. I cant believe two of my best friends are coming home this week, it makes me feel weird. Give them a huge hug for me please!
Marni emailed me this week, she's doing good and is SO EXCITED to meet you guys!  She said you have been a great blessing to her these last couple months, go Mom! You rock. You and Marni will be lifelong friends, the Ourth family is my mission treasure.
I got Jerrod and Kristin's wedding invite, so so so cute. I'm so happy for him. Send everyone my love from the wedding, they have a happy life ahead of them! I will write him soon.
So many special experiences happen everyday it's impossible to write them all, but I need to be better at sharing experiences.
 
I love you Mom!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment