Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, January 12, 2015

If you love them today, maybe you can teach them tomorrow!‏

2014 Missouri Independence Mission Photo!
Hello to all of you! This week has sure been a great one!
Good-bye Sister Allred!  See you again soon!
Biggest news, I said goodbye to my sweet Sister Allred, and picked up my new companion/trainee Sister Davis! She is from Portland, Oregon and just a cutie. As soon as I picked her up she said, "I'll warm up over time. I have a big fear of talking with people." I said, "Well, the Lord did good then because you got stuck with me. That wont last for long!" The first day I had her doing door approaches by herself. What a trooper. I love being a bold missionary, if its always out of pure love, their is always room for boldness.
Meet Sister Davis from Portland Oregon - Companion #7!
Thomas Sagan is on date for Baptism for Feb, 20th! Miracles here in the Albany Branch! Also, we had 5 less actives at church who haven't come in years, as well as an investigator. Heavenly father just gives us more and more reasons to be grateful!
Love challenging the Albany Branch to missionary work!
The Bourland Family are a Less active family we have been working with pretty closely. Their 8 year old, Tori, got baptized yesterday and I was able to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. I love that family, they are returning to activity.
The Bourland Family!
Tori loves to call me "Sister F!"
Oh and, Nanny betty got baptized back in Kansas, I taught her for 4 months, miracles all around.
 
My thought this week is this, "Don't Believe Everything You Think." About yourself, about others. It is our job to love and succor those that need us, it is the Lords job to judge and make eternal judgments. I love you all and am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and his infinite love and mercy, I would be nothing without it.
Have a great week!
 
Sister Flink
 
Mom!
It was a good week, Thursday was transfers, Friday and Saturday were the missionary split days (the pictures you saw on Facebook) which went great! and then Sunday was great too.
In the Day and Life of a Sister Missionary!  Knocking doors, teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, companion scripture study, companion prayer, and service!  Love my life!
Sister Davis is a little shy and timid. She said she knows the Lord gave her to me to be her trainer so that I can teach her how to be bold and outgoing. Am I bold and outgoing?  I have been called "Sassy" too!  When we were at transfers, President vest came up to us and said, "Sister Flink, I am so proud of you. You have gone up to Albany and flipped it around. You will be a great trainer." He gives me way too much credit. But I do love training, the goal is for her to be ready to train in 12 weeks. Baby steps!
Often the answer to our prayer does not come when we are on our knees, but while we are serving the Lord and those around us!  ~ Dieter F Uchtdorf
We are going to be moving out of your apartment. Wayne and Norma cant house us anymore. :( We are thinking about maybe moving to Bethany. More people, younger families, more productive town, but we have to be moved before march.

It has been really cold here in Albany, MO!
Please give my sweet gramps and big hug and kiss for me. I love him so much, I cant wait to get home and take care of him. He's been in my prayers every second.
 
 Things are happening here, I want to copy presidents email to me this week.
"Lovingly work with the branch council to make sure the converts have a friend, a responsibility, HT/VT and receive the new member lessons with the right member present for starters.

You and your companion can be wonderful examples to the members of how to reach out to people by being exactly obedient - they are watching you!

Appreciate all you are doing. Love your new companion and help her become an other YOU!

Pres. Vest"


0 comments:

Post a Comment