Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, January 26, 2015

Hurrah for Israel!

These weeks are getting faster and faster. Where is the clock to slow it down?

Well, I will start off by saying this week was a little bit rough. I was really sick most of the week, thought it was strep but I am starting to feel better so probably just a nasty flu/head cold. And then poor Sister Davis got sick. We looked and sounded like two walking zombies around the streets of Albany. We were diligent and went out as much as we possibly could, I had to remind myself, the atonement covers it all, even physical exhaustion. 

But we pushed through like champions do and had a great day yesterday! Thomas is still working for baptism, and he came to church again. And he got a blessing to help him to live the word of wisdom. It was powerful! We had an investigator Terry who came and we plan on putting him on baptismal date next time we meet with him. 2 less active families have come a couple weeks in a row now and are working towards the temple, the work of the lord is marvelous.

Sister Davis is doing great. I am so thankful I am privileged enough to be her trainer. It is going so great!  We sure laugh ALOT! We both loosened up a little bit and did a sing along to EFY!  I blasted some EFY and we had a jolly time!  It was so funny!  We were just being us!  You are called on a mission to be YOU!  A better refined, dedicated servant of the Lord, but YOU!  She did her first baptismal invite this week for an investigator named Jacky, he accepted and is on date. She is doing wonderful! I feel like I am just as new to all of this as she is sometimes, I can’t believe I have been out 10 months and am on the downward spiral.
 
 I had a special experience this week. My Mom sent me the number to Roger Kearns and I wrote it down. Well, in district meeting that week I walked in and remembered that the St. Joe Elders would be there.. I wrote down his number and I said, "Roger Kearns hasn't moved, his number and address are wrong on the ward list but here is his number. Go find him!" I left thinking nothing of it and then I came back into the room and Elder Gerrick said, "Hey Sister Flink, Roger wants to talk to you." I was so surprised he called him right away! I spent a few minutes on the phone with him.  He seems like such a sweet guy. I was tearing up as he told me, "Your Dad baptized my whole family. You should've seen him, he was so excited that day! I love your Dad, he sure knows what he's talking about." I laughed and said "sometimes!" Then he was so sad that I couldn't find him when I came to St. Joe, he kept saying how upsetting that was that I didn't get to come see him but he was so happy to hear my voice. I told him that if I don't get back to St. Joe before my mission is over, then you will be sure to see me AND my Dad in 8 months when we both are here! He said, "Oh, that will be a glorious day." 
The Kearns family 30 years ago with my Dad- Elder Flink!

It was a special experience. Think about how 30 years ago the gospel was introduced to Roger and his family and the Lord is still aware of him.  So many tender mercies and blessings. I am so proud to be in the M.I.M where my daddy was and to carry on the work of missionaries in ZION. There is no better place.

Friends and family, I sure love you! I love being a disciple of Christ. My favorite scripture is Helaman 3:35 "
Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God"

Sanctification of heart comes by YIELDING our hearts to God. "He cannot work with what he does not have, and he cannot have you, unless you give yourself to him."

Humility is not weakness. Humility can become strong, we can be confident, not in ourselves, but in our God, who will bless, uplift, and carry us through.  Our will is not our fathers, yield your heart and soul, and then you will embrace the true doctrine of faith, which faith will make you whole.

I love you. 

Xoxo, Sister Flink 

0 comments:

Post a Comment