Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year! AND I'm expecting!

Happy 2015 to those I love most.!  Can you believe it? Time is just getting ahead of me quicker than I'd like.

So, big news this week. I got a call on Tuesday from one of the assistants letting me know that I have been called of the Lord to be a trainer. I will be getting a missionary out of the MTC this next transfer to be my little baby! Its exciting, I just hope I can make the Lord proud. When my trainer, Sister Moody, got me, she was 10 months out. And now I'm getting my trainee. Hope I can be half the trainer she was for me.

We've  had some straight up miracles this week. I love this area so much. I love the people, I love my companion, I love the branch. We met a potential a couple weeks ago that said she was moving into some new apartments and would call us when she got moved in. Of course we never heard from her, so on Tuesday she was on our minds. And we were talking about her on our way to go see a less active. In our prayer we asked if we could find her, someway, somehow. Well, when we went to walk up to the less actives door, we turned around and she was standing outside her new apartment smoking. My eyes went so big and Sister Allred said, "Is that Lexi? NO WAY." We ran over and sure enough it was, she gave us a huge hug and she said she was so glad we found her. She fed us lunch the next day and we are going to start teaching her. God is a god of miracles and he answers prayers. I is his work and when we do it his way, he provides.

Wednesday we had to go to the trainers meeting in Independence which is 2 hours away so we spent most of the day in the car. But the meeting was great and i was reminded by the spirit and by President Vest that I am needed as a trainer in this area. 

Yesterday at church, it was stormy so the numbers were suuuuper low, but we had a less active come that we've been working really closely with and for the first time in years she bore her testimony! It was such a miracle. And then she bore it again in relief society. The Lord's work rolls forth. 

This week, in our mission is "Missionary split day" Members will be with us all day, taking pictures of us studying, tracting, appointments, street contacting, planning, and praying. A daily routine of us as missionaries and post it on social media to "flood the earth" it will be awesome. 

Well guys, may we embrace the opportunity to change and become better this new year. "Feed the possibilities, starve the problems." and make the gospel the center of our lives.

I am so grateful to be a servant of the Lord. I am so grateful to wear my name right next to my Saviors, but also to always remind myself whose name is more important on my name tag.  He lives, he loves, and he saves us in all the details of our lives.

I love you ALL. 

xoxo, Sister Flink

P.S. New Years Eve, we had to be in by 8:00 to avoid all the crazies... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment