Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

If you want to be happy, find something else to sacrifice.‏

Hey Dear Ones!
 
Well, this week has been a good one. Its been a cold one! We received 6 inches of snow out here and the roads are extremely icy. On Saturday the cars got "grounded" and we couldn't go out until about 2:00. Then they cancelled church yesterday, the cars got grounded at 7:00 and we had to go home for the rest of the night. Its been a winter wonderland up here. Except I hate being "grounded" I thought that was something that my mom only did, and now I get grounded as a missionary too? Pssh. The weather should be easing up a little bit this week and we'll be rockin' and rollin' again.
 
We put Laura on date for baptism this week. for March 4th. We are excited about her and our teaching her a lesson 2 tonight. Thomas is doing well, he is struggling to feel like he is receiving answers to his prayers, but he is loving church and the gospel is enlightens his mind and life. Keep praying for him!
 
We are working really closely with the branch to share the gospel and be beacons of light to their friends. We are trying to get activities going and the work to pick up in this little town.
 
I was studying this week in 3 Nephi 11 in the book of Mormon when Christ comes to the America's and teaching the people his doctrine, or in other words, the doctrine of Christ. Something profound came to me as I read one of the FIRST things Christ says to these people, in moment on amazement and wonder of these people, when all eyes were on him, and they were solely and completely interested in what he had to say, he said this,
 
"Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world.
 11 And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning"
 
Do you see what he did there? The FIRST thing he wanted them to know about him was his obedience to his father. The FIRST principle he wanted to teach was that of giving his will to his Heavenly Father and doing a perfect job.  Now what does this mean to us? Think about it. Since this is the first thing he wants us to know about him, is our obedience the first thing he will want to know about us when we stand before him again? Did we obey, even when it was painful? Did we comply, even when the cup was bitter? Did we strive to align our will with his, even if we don't understand?

My lovely friends and family, this is an eternal and celestial principle. The first law of heaven is obedience. The first thing we see of our Savior is obedience. I know the cup is bitter sometimes, I know the path is long, I know sometimes we are required to take up our cross with him and suffer the will of the father in all things. True disciples and examples of Jesus Christ start to live a life that looks like his.

I love you all, this work is true. Have a great and marvelous week. 

Sister Flink

Also, We are going to be moving on the 10th of February to another apartment in Albany! So, write to the mission office address so I can make sure I get your letters!
 
Missouri Independence Mission
Sister Jacqueline Flink
517 W. Walnut St, Independence, MO 64050

0 comments:

Post a Comment