Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Right Choices Increase Our Power To Make Right Choices

I am pretty sure it was just p-day and here I am again. Time needs to slow down.

Well, we have had a hectic week. I was down with a really nasty flu or food poisoning the beginning of the week and made it almost impossible to get out and work, no matter how bad I wanted too. I absolutely hated laying there knowing I was supposed to be out serving the Lord. But it passed and we were able to get going again.
I was like sooo tired, passed out on the floor!
Thomas didn't get baptized this last Saturday. We were praying and praying on what to do and when we went to the appointment I felt an overwhelming sense that all would be okay. After we prayed we didn't have to say anything before Thomas said, "Sisters, I'm not ready. Can we push it back?" With tears in his eyes he expressed how much we wants to get baptized but he's just not ready. We explained how we want to do what's best for him and we knew it was right as well. A future baptism date to come for Thomas!

We have had quite an experience with Kezia this week. She didn't come to church last Sunday and we were concerned and couldn't get a hold of her for a few days, we were worried she was ignoring us. Well, we finally got in with her and everything was fine she had just been busy. We went back the next day and taught her a lesson and committed her to live the Word of Wisdom. She accepted it easily and cried as she told us how much she loves the gospel already and can feel it blessing her life. She told us that she wants to be baptized as soon as she can quit smoking and she feels so much happier than she ever has. We left that lesson on missionary cloud 9. Well, about 3 hours later we came out of an appointment to a voicemail from Kezia that said, "Sisters, I love you. But I can't have you come over anymore. I am so tired of my family yelling in my face and telling me I am a fool and stupid. And how they will take my son from me because they WILL NOT tolerate a Mormon in their family. I love you and wish you the best." My heart about fell to the floor when I listened, the only thing that goes through your mind in that moment is "No.. No." Its so much more than someone leaving you a disappointing voicemail, its some one's salvation that is getting thrown away because of persecution. It broke my heart. We tried calling, no answer. We raced over to her house, no answer. We went home that night for dinner and I fell to my knees, I spent most of that dinner hour on my knees telling Heavenly Father everything and pleading for help. As I poured my heart out, I ended my prayer but my knees were glued to the floor. I felt as if I couldn't get up until something happened. I sat there, and I sat there for what felt like eternity, until I heard the phone ring. Sister Davis yelled, "Kezia is calling!" I shot up and ran to answer. It was a short conversation and we explained how the adversary works and how real he becomes when we are moving forward in righteousness. She said she needed to let things calm down and would call us this week. I know it wasn't much, but I knew Heavenly Father heard me and answered my prayer.  Please keep her in your prayers. Please pray for the hearts to be softened that need too, Salvation isn't easy because Salvation isn't a cheap experience. But Satan will never win!
Aren't these messages the best!  I love it!  Makes me feel like I am doing some good in Albany!
You learn a lot as a missionary, this week I learned the power of Satan in the hearts of men. I was reassured the truthfulness of the gospel because it will always be attacked, the truth will always be fought against, it will always be opposed, BUT the promises of the Lord are sure and we will overcome.
"Therefore endure hardness, as a good solider of Jesus Christ."
I love you all and  have a great week. Go share the good news of the gospel!  Let others see your light.
Here is what I found when I walked into the room last night, Sister Davis and the socks you sent me.
Oh one quick detail, we also had President and Sister Hepworth (in the mission presidency) come up to Albany on Friday and do companionship study and 12 week with us, they try to go around to the different companionships in the mission. It was really cool and they gave us a lot of feedback and helped us to be better. I always want to know what to do better!

Until next week,    Xoxo Sister Flink

0 comments:

Post a Comment