Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, March 2, 2015

The Work of the Lord!

Friends and Family whom I love ~ Greetings from cold Missouri.

This week has been a good one, we have stayed busy! Our teaching pool is growing after it took a hit there for a little while. The members are supporting us more and more.

Thomas is ready for baptism. We aren't sure what exactly is holding him back. He talks like a member, acts like a member, and the members all love him. So on Monday we recommitted him to pray about a baptism date that he will be comfortable with so we can work towards. We used the example of Peter walking on water towards Christ and when he took his eye off his goal he began to sink, as it is with all of us, is it a lack of faith or a excess of fear? We set two more people on Baptismal date this week, Hailey and her daughter. We are always blessed!
 
Our less active work is going great, we are having an activity this Saturday, praying for a good turn out for that one! Sister Lurten, a less active we've been working with came to church on Sunday. I love seeing people change, and I love this gospel so much. She came to church yesterday and bore her testimony and just cried and thanked us for all we have done, and how she wants to be better and do better for her and for her family. Shes working towards the temple as her goal and is reading and praying every single day. She leaned over in Relief society and said. "I love you Sister Flink. You've saved me so many times, I can't thank you enough. You sisters are my best friends." Then she started crying telling me I could never leave and how much she needed me. I reassured her over and over if she continued to do the things we've been telling her, all would be well. She really wants Keith, her husband, to get baptized before we leave, we are working on him.  I have seen the hope of the atonement and the gospel transform her. Its been awesome.

Member Missionary Movie Night is this coming Saturday, pray that people will come! Then on Sunday we are going down to Liberty Jail with Thomas to watch Meet the Mormons. We've found some new investigators this week and have appointments this Tuesday.

What good is missionary work without love?  I am grateful for all of you and I hope you have a wonderful week.

Xoxo Sister Flink 

0 comments:

Post a Comment