Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, March 16, 2015

The Tender Mercies Of The Lord

Greetings from warm and sunny Missouri!  What a wonderful week is has been, full of miracles!
Week full of MIRACLES for both of us!!
Miracle #1 We had 6 investigators at church yesterday.  It was a mad house and I loved every second of it.
 
I want to start by saying our dear Father in Heaven hears and answers our prayers. This week we finally got to go to the temple, and while I was in the temple I was praying so fervently. I was pleading with my Father in Heaven to help us find those prepared souls to hear the gospel. That week we found a couple, Mariah and Brian, we taught the first lesson too and they accepted baptism and came to church yesterday and loved it. We found Kevin, a single guy who meets with us everyday at the park and loves the gospel. We found Cassandra who accepted baptism on the first lesson and is reading the book of Mormon. Last night we found another couple, Leanna and Noah, they have been to church before and loved it. We have another appointment with them this week. Not to mention Thomas, Larry, Nathan, Angela... The miracles are endless brothers and sisters. I love this work, I am so grateful it is God's work and not mine, I would mess it up too bad.

Yesterday in church I heard something so profound!  This women was talking about how the gospel works, she said, "We inhale faith in Jesus Christ, we exhale repentance." Think about that, we inhale, exhale, we breathe to survive. We breathe to keep our physical bodies alive. Well, it is the same with our spirits. We have to keep our spirits alive but the constant cycle of faith and repentance, so we may someday qualify to return to our heavenly home.
 
Heavenly Father loves us so much, his love is eternal. Talk to him, rely on him, he wants to hear our whole story, not just the right side, but the real side.

I testify of the truth and divinity of a Savior who saves, who sustains, and who strengthens. And a Father in Heaven who loves us enough to send him. I testify of the truthfulness of the restored gospel to the earth in is fullness, for truth is things as they really were, are, and are too come.
 
I love you all, and I hope you embrace the light of the gospel to enrich and change your lives and heart. That is what it has done for me.
 
Xoxo, Sister Flink
The RM Project Completed!  #thehomecoming

0 comments:

Post a Comment