Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Busy as BEE'S!‏

I hit my ONE YEAR MARK, what is happening?
The work of the Lord is keeping us busy out here. I have a lot to say so I will just focus on the highlights of this week!

Saturday- Our movie night went awesome. We had a great turn out and a few non members. Thomas came and loved it. We had 3 different types of popcorn and hot chocolate! The members all said we should do it again. I was grateful for the Lord.  I know that he cares about the things we care about. I know he helps us when we work for what we want.
This is where the Albany Branch attends church now!

Albany's Future Missionary~  Sister Merseal!
Sunday- We went to Liberty Jail with Thomas and some other branch members to watch "Meet the Mormons" and tour the jail. It was amazing, as expected. Thomas expresses this to us about not deciding on a date for baptism yet, "I'm only going to do this once, so I'm going to do it right." So just prayers for him! Then we went down and stayed the night with other Sisters so we could make it to the conference the next morning.
Thomas and some other branch members to watch "Meet the Mormons" and tour the jail!
Elder Renlund, from the Quorum of the Seventy, came to our Zone Conference to speak. It was awesome. He said so many powerful and profound things that touched my heart, I know he was called of God and sent to us on behalf of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve. Zone Conferences are always a time of revelation and reflection, I am so grateful I have a Heavenly Father who teaches and instructs me on how to be better.
"This is where our kids were today. Anyone spot their missionary?" A sweet sister added this to Facebook for all the MIM Moms wondering why their missionaries didn't email on Monday!
Mom!  I am so glad you saw something on facebook yesterday, I figured you would be just wiggling around nervously probably predicting that I was hit by a flying mistle, or possibly taken captive by some crazy people, all the worst possible things. But I am safe and well, went to the temple this morning and just wrote you a letter!   First time for me in over 6 months.  I love the temple!
Kansas City Temple Day
Tomorrow we have interviews with President Vest, so lots of things to do.  I just love this work, I know it is his.  Elder Renlund said something that hit me so strong,
 
"Change what needs changing, and do it now."

Whether it is a change of desire, heart, thought, action, sin, behavior, whatever it may be, the Lord is always waiting with outstretched hands. And we don't know how much time we may for our mighty change of hearts to come. Christ said, "I must work the works of him that sent me WHILE it is day, the night cometh, when no man can work." I love him because I know he is full of second chances, and I know he lives. God doesn't care about past tense.
 May we all purify our lives and perfect our souls.  I love you!    Xoxo,  Sister Flink
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment