Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, April 13, 2015

Another Name for God Should Be "Somehow!"

Dear loved ones-
 
Happy Monday! I hope you have had a wonderful week. This week has been... absolutely exhausting, straining, and wonderful. This week we have had a lot of meetings, but spiritually fed in the best way. Wednesday was MLC (Mission Leadership Council) and it started at 8:00 and went until 5 pm, Sister Leaders were trained on specific things and I was once again reminded of the responsibility and privilege I have to be a Sister Leader. On Thursday, we had Zone Conference where I gave a 20 minute training on 'Developing the Christ like Attributes of Charity and Love."  I was grateful for the opportunity. Stressful as it was, with hardly any time to prepare, the Lord provided!
 
We are working with some amazing people, Anthony is an investigator in the singles branch, he is getting baptized on the 2nd of May! Louis is a Fleming park ward investigator, who came to church yesterday, and was well welcomed by the ward! He is on date for May 2nd as well. And other investigators we are trying to get progressing. Covering two wards, we are in 6 hours of church, and then branch council and ward council. The Lords work keeps us busy as bees, the Lord must be preparing me to have some hectic calling when I get home.
 
Tender Mercy of the week: Garrett Ourth, my recent convert whose family I taught and baptized, got his mission call! Puerto Rico, San Juan Mission! I fought tooth and nail to get permission to go and see him open his call, but to no avail. I got to hear it over the phone! With tears flowing I thought "this is what its all about" The Ourth family is so special to me, and they are moving forward in the gospel! There is no words to describe how when those moments come, every hard day and discouraging moment as a missionary because completely and totally worth it.
Elder Garrett Ourth - Reports to the MTC July 1!
Things are wonderful! An insight this week I have been able to focus on is the complete and utter gratitude I have for my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. Sometimes I wonder if I can ever repay them, ever give back what they have given to me. Then I realized, the thing thing they WANT that they don't have, is our heart, is our will. When I realized by giving my heart and all that I have to him, my entire will, I feel purpose and satisfaction knowing that I can give something to them. Through sincere prayer and fasting, through fervent action of being better, we can become and gain all that our loving Father in Heaven has in store for us.
 
TIWI: our new black box put into our car... he is my friend. Tells me when I speed, when im not wearing my seatbelt, when I'm aggressively driving, when I press the brake too hard, when I press the gas to fast.... He even talks to me, and each time I get in and out of the car, I have log in and out. What a joy!
Our New Friend! 
Sister Hunt!
Our New Friend Tattles On Us ALL The Time!!  The Tiwi system is a computer that uses GPS technology to let MISSION PRESIDENTS monitor their MISSIONARY'S driving behavior.
I love you all! Keep up the good fight, the church is true, the book is blue and I love you!
 
Sister Flink

0 comments:

Post a Comment