Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, April 20, 2015

"Don't Try To Judge Who Is Ready, EVERYONE Is Ready To Be Loved." Taylor Lasue‏

Good morning Ladies and Gents!
 
What a beautiful week it has been! Great things are happening in the work of the Lord!
 
We went to the KC zoo last week for P-day, it was sure fun!
YSA's Ward having fun in the sun at the Kansas City Zoo!  Great P-day!


Josh Mack and Sister Flink
Our Fleming Park Ward cookout this week was awesome! Good weather, good food, some volleyball, and Luis came and the members took him right in! Activities are perfect opportunities to invite your friends, never forget that!
 
We had two salesmen try to hire us this week. We chatted on the street for a half hour, we told them they could give us their pitch if we could give them ours, we did so. They asked our schedule and details of missionary work, they couldn't believe it when we told them we don't get paid.
"Please work for me, you can tell people about Jesus AND sell these at the same time. You work this hard without getting paid, I'll take ya anytime!"
We laughed, invited them to church, and are trying to set up a time to teach them more.
 
We had Zone Training this week and as a Sister Leader I was asked to train on a talk called, "The Challenging and Testifying Missionary" all about inviting these children of God to the waters of baptism as soon as possible, preferably the first contact. Boldness is something I have never really struggled with on my mission, but even I knew this would take much faith and trust in my Heavenly Father. As I trained 20 missionaries and testified that we need to be inviting everyone as soon as possible to be baptized, I felt the spirit so strongly tell me that I need to make sure to do what I am preaching. That day, we had a first appointment with a YSA investigator, Kris. We only had 30 minutes and didn't even get to teach the restoration. In fact, by a miracle we had found him and we were doubtful the appointment would even stick, we didn't believe he was solid. Lone behold, he was waiting for us, he had read some of the Book of Mormon and was ready to learn. As the end of the lesson came closer I KNEW I had to invite him to be baptized or I was just someone who doesn't practice what I preached earlier that day, so I did. He accepted, and he's on date for May 23rd and came to church yesterday. Miracles happen as we go out of our comfort zone.
 
"There is no growth in the comfort zone, there is no comfort in the growth zone."
 
Anthony is doing great, and preparing to be baptized on May 2nd! He is a big black guy with a heart of gold! The gospel is changing his life. We are finishing up his lessons this next week. Yesterday we did a branch fast for him to be able to overcome temptation to smoke, and he received a priesthood blessing. When faith comes together, miracles are promised. Little or big.
 
Luis is progressing towards baptism for that same day. It will be busy! We had an amazing lesson with him in a member home last night, as we taught the plan of salvation he said, "It is hard to describe the peace I feel as I learn, I know it is from God." He is Hispanic, (on a funnier note) we asked him what repentance means and he said, (Spanish accent) "When we do good, God, he uh, he blesses us. And when we do bad, God, he uh... he spanks us." God lovingly spanks us, hahaha! I love missionary work!
 
If I look a little plump in my pics, the members have literally taken us out EVERY NIGHT this week, and the YSA's take us out for lunch almost every day. There is no hope.
 We have been finding sweet people to teach! This journey of being a missionary, is one I wouldn't trade for the world. When people have asked me what my mission has done for me, I say,
 
 "My mission has shown me where I was, my mission has taught me who I am, my mission has shaped who I will be forever more."



 
Jesus Christ is the center point of all we do, he was selfless to save the selfish people. I know he lives,!  I know this is his true and living church. I know with all my heart that Christ strengthens and enables us to do that which we could never do on our own. I know he gives us trials and tribulations so we will remember that not all is easy in Zion, and we need his strength. I love you all!
 
XOXO, Sister Flink
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment