Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, April 27, 2015

Time Never Stops Flying...‏

What a CRAZY week! (I think I say that every time now)
 
Run-down of this week, Tuesday we had exchanges with the Blue Mills sisters and I was in the area with Sister Pistorious. I was able to train her and help her on a few of her concerns. Wednesday we had district meeting and back to back lessons! Friday we had exchanges again with the Clinton sisters, which is an hour away so we got up extra early and headed to fulfill our Sister leader duties! I was in Clinton with a new missionary, Sister Forsyth, and their area is struggling right now and I was grateful I was able to go and help her find new people to teach. We saw miracles. Saturday we spent the day in Grandview searching for YSA's and having lessons across the stake. Sunday, I spoke in church and Sister Hunt played the violin. With everything that goes on, I never have adequate time to prepare trainings or talks when I'm asked, its amazing how I try my best with the little preparation time I am given and the Lord always takes care of me. We had correlation at 8:00 yesterday, then church in the ward, headed straight to Branch Council and then church at the branch with back to back lessons the rest of the night. What a beautiful thing to be so busy! I literally am so grateful.
 
This week we are going on Blitz with the Warrensburg Sisters, which means instead of exchanges, both Sister Hunt and I will be going to their area to work with them. Which will take us out of our area for an entire day but we will make it work! Wednesday is Anthony's baptism interview and Saturday his baptism is scheduled! We are working with some amazing people.
 
Luis is doing great, he came to the ward yesterday and is working for the 9th of May for baptism. This week we taught him the Word of Wisdom and asked him why he thinks God would give us this commandment, he says, "Well, God created the Engine sisters. He knows the oil we have to put in it." Yes Luis, you are right my friend! We are taking him to the liberty jail this week!
 
Kris is a miracle YSA investigator. He is preparing to be baptized on the 23rd of May. Kris brings a drawing pad to church every week and he draws out the things he hears so he can understand it better, it is so cool. He is one of the most sincere investigators I have seen!
 
We started teaching a girl named Alexa This week. in December she was in a bad car accident, she flew out of a bed of a truck and was ran over. She broke every bone in her face, sliced her brain in half, broke two places in her femur+, ruptured her liver, almost lost her foot, and in blind in one eye. She cried as we talked about our loving Heavenly Father who has a purpose for her life, she asked us to please come back and teach her more and prepare her for baptism. The Lord gives us all different trials, but he never gives us more than we can handle.
 
Ill share a special experience of the week while I was on exchanges in Clinton, it had been a really long day, and we had 30 minutes left of proselyting. As we decided to go contact an unknown person on the ward list, we were able to meet Brother Hayes. As we talked with him, tears started to swell up in his eyes as he told us of the passing of his dear wife and how much he missed her. He expressed to us how badly he longed for her and how lonely he felt, as I talked with this old man, I began to feel such love for him. I talked with him of his heartache and I began to weep with him, I could feel the pain in his soul and I was saddened I couldn't find the words adequate to comfort him. I felt their was nothing I could say or do but just be there to listen. It was interesting the scripture that came to my mind as I stood on this mans porch, there is a scripture that has two profound words, "Jesus wept." and I knew that Christ knew how he was feeling. That if Christ was there with him, he would be weeping with this man because he loves us so infinitely and eternally. Following the conversation of sorrow, came the conversation of gratitude for the gospel. I shared my favorite scripture from Mosiah, "The sting of death of swallowed up in Christ."  and we were able to then rejoice together for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. It reminded me of the quote, "Joy always comes after the sorrow." I didn't know this man, and I will probably never see him again, but I love Brother Hayes. I felt for an instant how Christ feels toward us, and we aren't even strangers to him. He knows us and he will lift us up. And we will see those we love again.
 
"We know life doesn't end after we die, that's why we work so hard."
 
I love you all, I look forward to hearing from you!  
XOXO, the One and Only, Sister Flink
 
I love you Mom, I got the package and again always am overwhelmed with gratitude for all you do for me! I love my mission, but I will be ready for the next phase when that time comes.
 P.S. I dyed my hair...the red is coming back my friends! in 4 months time.....
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment