Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, August 10, 2015

God Has A Sense Of Humor Everyone!

Good to be back! Not super good because time is flying and its already another Monday, but good to update you on the dream life as a missionary.

NO!  NO!  NO!  We don't want to leave each other!

Our sick CRIB!  So Spoiled!  
Getting ready to head out one last time as a great companionship!  Saying our good-byes to a great area!
When the Transfer Call comes, Good-byes are always the hardest!  I will miss these families so much, but look forward to seeing them again in 6 weeks before I head back home to UTAH!
Bye to Valerie Cates from OP2
My Dream BABY!  I love him!



Bye to the Giroux Family

Bye to Amber!  

So.. I got transferred this last week and it was completely unexpected! I got put into a new area for my last 6 weeks, and I had only been in OP2 for 6 weeks as well. Sister Coats had been there for 6 months and she had already said goodbye to everyone and when we got the call I think our jaws dropped faster than we could listen to where I was going. I am now in Platte City, Missouri with my new companion Sister Guido. (THE GWEEDS). Continuing to serve as a Sister Training Leader and covering the Platte City Ward and the Platte City/Liberty YSA ward. When I pulled up at transfers I saw President Vest walking towards me and I thought, "Oooh he's gonna get it." and he said, "Sister Flink! Before you say anything you need to know the Lord NEEDS you there!" and I just shut my mouth right then. I said, "Well, can you tell me why?" (silly question of me) and he said, " Of course not, but you will know soon enough." and I smiled and said, I will do my best! Heavenly Father is keeping me on my toes, he's not letting me get comfortable, there's too much to do and so much time to do it!


Elder Kaafi
Elder Fishehateu

Sister Coats and Sister Bott!  I love them!  
Sister Bott,  Elder Kaffi, and Elder Fishehateu


Sister Harris


She heading home- Sister Hunt!
Elder, Elder Hayes, Sister Hunt - Homeward Bound!
Sister Olesen
Sister Hansen
Elder Bateman
Elder HUNT from Kaysville UT!  Diane Worthen's Nephew!  Joyce Worthen's Grandson!  
 Sister Flink sent this to Diane Worthen to pass on to his family! Diane sent it to me!  (Nikki's MOM)

Elder Sanger and Companion
My MTC Companion and Northridge Knight FOREVER friend- Sister Mancell
I love this Sweet Sister!


Elder Roberts



Bye to Elder Edginton, Beckstead, Sanger, and Kilpack
Said goodbye to some of my greatest friends! Sister Hunt, Sister Harris, Sister Taylor, Sister Hansen, Elder Bateman, Elder Fishehateu, Elder Hayes all went home plus lots more!

My new companion is CRAZY and I love her to death. She is from Simi Vally, CA and is the cutest, loudest, and best Italian woman, she's been out for 16 months. We laugh a lot and in the words of one of my favorite missionary friends he said, "I hope you and Sister Guido are doing well in Platte City! It's complete nonsense that you were put together, but the Lord has always seemed to know what he was doing before so I guess we'll trust Him on this one." That should explain everything about our companionship. Haha!

My New AWESOME Crib!
The wards in which we serve are great, I love being back in a small town. Platte City is about 3,000 people and I love me some good old country folk. I have had some tender mercies I thank the Lord for everyday, being a Sister Training Leader is a blessing and even more than ever to me this transfer. We are privileged to have stewardship over the 6 sets of sisters, three of them being the Cameron sisters, Albany sisters, and The Leavenworth sisters. The tender mercies are that I started my mission in Cameron, Served and trained Sister Davis in Albany, and now get to be Sister Davis's Sister Training Leader as she serves in Leavenworth. I will get to do exchanges in those places and see the people I love, and be connected with those places that are so special to me. The Lord loves me so much! Maybe that is Presidents hint of, "You will know soon enough."

I have built eternal friendships and moments that are engraved in the depths of my heart. The savior has changed me from the inside out and I am so grateful I am not the same person I was 17 months ago. The is the ultimate refiner, only as we accept his will and let him do the refining.

I was able to go back to Overland Park for Ambers Baptism this Saturday and witness her special day! That was so exciting for me, I was so sad I was going to miss it. It was beautiful. I was able to help her after and as we walked out of the font into the bathroom I said, "Amber, how do you feel?" she looked at me with new eyes and said, "I feel clean. I feel ready for a new life. I also feel cold!" The simple joys of the gospel is what we take for granted. Those little moments that we catch of glimpse of the pure love of Christ and the simplicity of the gospel to make us happy.
Amber's Baptism Day!  What a great day!
To close, I want you all to know I love you. I also want you to know I love my sacred calling, I love this work and I know how important it is. I am so excited to one day be a real member missionary, there is a reason why once we feel we finally have missionary work figured out, the Lord sends us home, its because that's where the real work takes place, in our friends, neighbors, coworkers, and family members. But for now..

"Our missionaries are going forth to different nations, and in Germany, Palestine, New Holland, Australia, the East Indies, and other places, the Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done."

I hope you all know that God loves you, and he loves you now. He is not waiting to love you before you overcome weaknesses or temptations, he is not waiting to love you until you become your best self. He loves you now, infinitely. The creator of life and light wants to see us succeed and help us along every step.

I am about his work, and I love him and I love his son Jesus Christ.

Press forward in the cause of truth. Stay strong, be bold, and laugh your guts out along the way. (Tender, I know)

XOXO, Sister Flink

MOM!

I just flooded your mailbox with pictures, transfers are always the best. I said goodbye to sooo many people going home and I feel like I know nobody anymore in the mission. All my friends have left, in the next 2 transfers their are 90 missionaries going home including this last transfer that just happened. And all the seasoned missionaries are leaving, they are struggling to find leadership. Most of the missionaries that are training right now have only been out 6-12 weeks.

Its been a crazy week! I can't believe I got transferred, President and I talked for awhile at transfers and he said again, "I can trust you with anything and everything in this mission. So you need to go here." No complaints. just makes me sad that I will hardly get to really know anybody before I leave, I didn't get to know very many people in OP2 either but that's okay. the Lord just wants me to make an appearance apparently!

Amanda Hedricks is the one who has sent you pictures lately, she lives in OP2 so you won't get those anymore, I'll find someone who will.... maybe.... you can wait 6 more weeks. ;)

Sister Guido is great! I knew here just from being in the mission, I actually went on exchanges with her last year on Halloween day when I was in Indian Creek. She's awesome!

I love you mom! Enjoy the pictures!
I'm SOOO Tired! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment