Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, August 3, 2015

Settle It In Your Hearts!

Hello pals! Good day from lovely Johnson County!

This week has been wonderful. I have enjoyed every moment.

First off, THE LORD LOVES US. We have been so blessed in this area. We have 4 investigators progressing towards baptism dates, and one of them is this Saturday. Amber will be making a wonderful covenant with her Heavenly Father by entering the waters of baptism. We are so excited for her. Keep her in your prayers!

On Tuesday we went on exchanges with the Hickory Hills sisters and I had the opportunity to be here with Hermana Krage, she has been out for 6 weeks and I learned so much from her humility and eagerness to learn and grow.
Hermana Krage
We were able to teach some wonderful lessons and she was able to extend her first baptismal invitation to Sarah, who is now on date for Sept 12th! At the end of the exchange she looked at me and said, "Sister Flink! I have learned so much, I feel ready to go tackle my area and find people to teach." and that just made my whole day! I love being a servant of the Lord, I love helping and serving, I love the truthfulness of change and progression, I love this gospel.

We had an interesting experience yesterday in one of our lessons. It has really been making me think of what it means to have one foot in Babylon and one foot in the church. Doesn't sound like it can work does it? that's because it can't. We cannot have one foot in the gospel path and one foot in the filthiness of the world. We must be better, we must stand taller, we cannot have present disobedience just to save it for future repentance.

Elder Neal A. Maxwell spoke and expressed the thought that "bidding Babylon farewell is actually one of our challenges, that too many of us like to keep a summer cottage there. We cannot keep one foot in the Church and one foot in the world. One reason is the world and the Church are rapidly diverging. We will lose our balance.

We know that no man can serve two masters. Some, I fear, are attempting to do what President Marion G. Romney described as trying to “serve the Lord without offending the devil.”  
So often we talk about the straight and narrow path and how ALL we have to do is get on it and stay on it, but I believe there is much more too it. The key is not just getting on the path, the key is staying in the middle of the path, no wavering, no wobbling, or going right next to the line to see how close you can get to the danger zone, but having an unwavering course right in the middle.

Larry W. Gibbons says, "You lived with your Heavenly Father in a premortal life. You were there with Him. Your spirit knows what it is like to live in celestial realms. You can never be truly happy in an uncelestial environment. You know too much. That is one of the reasons that for you, wickedness never can be happiness."

May we have a resolve to be a little better, to have our feet placed firm the gospel sod and not to flirt with evil or let the devil have territory part time until we reach the pews on Sunday.

"O Babylon, O Babylon, we bid thee farewell."

I love you all! Make it a great week.

XOXO, Sister Flink

0 comments:

Post a Comment