Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, May 19, 2014

Our Testimony, Our Greatest Ally!‏

Hello All of the Ones Whom I Love!
 
No pictures this week!  I think I left my camera memory card at Wal-Mart!  It has so many photos and videos on there.  I am so bummed and stressed about it! 
Another week down here in good old Cameron. This week has looked up, tremendously!  They always do!
Well, we now have 4 people on date to be baptized. Cheryl - June 7th, and Lisa AND her son - June 14th! It was not easy getting any of them to this point, we really had to develop a relationship of love and trust. But as we were persistent, they committed and the desire began to grow, that's what heavenly father does for us. but it is our job to start.
This week I have really thought about my purpose here in this small town of Cameron. There is another set of missionaries here, and the work is slow. So it has taken me into deep thought of reasoning for being here. As I have prayed and pondered my mind has been enlightened and Heavenly Father has taught me, as he can all of us. I know that I am not necessarily here to baptize and find, although that is a big part, but for the less actives and part member families. Much of our work here has been reactivating families, individuals, and helping people regain that testimony in Jesus Christ as they once had. Loving and nuturing them through their broken lives and helping them grasp the Atonement of Jesus Christ to make them whole. Re-sparking people's testimony and reactivating their soul to the gospel is just as important as taking them into the waters of baptism. Our work is slow sometimes because it is a process with these people, they have to trust us, to know us, and THEN we can begin to help strengthen them and their loved ones. It is interesting how the lord works - as i see many events and challenges in my life have now prepared me to meet and help certain people here in Cameron. To love and help them.
Well friends and family, I love each of you dearly. I pray for you individually! I hope all is well, and the blessings are coming your way. Remember..
"Some blessings come now, Some come late, some don't come until Heaven. But for those that embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they will come."
Those that are with us are greater than those who are against us!  I will see you soon!
Love, Sister Flink

0 comments:

Post a Comment