Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sister Flink, you are hereby called as a Trainer.‏

Family and Friends! Another week down, can ya believe it?

Well - I have had a humbling week. I got a call on Friday to let me know that I have been called by the lord to train a new missionary that will be coming into the mission field. All day Saturday was spent in Independence at the trainers meeting at the mission home with President Vest. There is so many sisters that could be in my place and be fabulous trainers. I have been out 4 months, I don't even know what IM doing yet.. Unsure as to why I was picked out of 350 missionaries, I am humbled and grateful. So as inadequate as I feel, I will strive to fulfill the calling. For whom the lord calls, he qualifies, (I sure hope so.) I am not sure whether I will stay in Cameron and train or go somewhere else but I will know on Tuesday night when we get the call. I am excited and nervous. "A good trainer leads a future leader while leading." Pray for me!

Joseph Gardner was baptized this Saturday. What a wonderful day for the Gardner family. Joseph was ex-communicated years ago, and his wife was our baptism in June. Through seeing her faith and feeling the truthfulness of the gospel in his life again, he made the decision to join back into the fold of God. Beautiful isn't it? What a wonderful July we have had, 3 baptisms! Heavenly Father is so good to us.
We spent the day at the sacred land of Adam-ondi-Ahman today. No words can express the beauty
and peace of that holy land, I am privileged and blessed to be serving in Zion.






Preacher's Rock
This is the Rock that the Prophet Joseph Smith stood on to talk to the Saints that were camped
below in the valley.  You can stand on preacher rock and talk normal, and the valley projects
your voice or ampliphies it.  Everyone that comes to visit loves to stand on the rock.

Next week I will either be in a different area, or I will be in Cameron still with a new companion. Thank you for all your support!  I love each and every one of you.

Have a wonderful week.   Sister Flink

0 comments:

Post a Comment