Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

God is a God of miracles. Rachelle Crowell's Baptism!

 
The Woolsey family and Rachelle at the baptism

Baptism #2 - Rachelle Crowell
 

If I had the words to explain the joy of my heart it probably wouldn't be enough for you to understand. This week has been one of miracles, and Heavenly Father has truly been watching over us.  Rachelle's baptism went wonderful.  The spirit was there, she was excited, and her enthusiasm was evident to everyone that was there. It was one of those times where you are overwhelmed with gratitude of being a missionary, of bringing one soul into the true church upon the face of the earth, to lift them, and to help them endure. After her baptism, Rachelle wanted to bear her testimony.  She testified of Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and the restored gospel. One of the members leaned over and said, "Makes a mission worth it. doesn't it?" With tears in my eyes I just nodded. It so does!

Abby came up to us on Sunday and told us that her parents had finally agreed to let her be baptized. After much prayer on her and our behalf, the Lord softened her Mom's heart. Drum Roll.. Abby Ourth is getting baptized this Saturday, the 12th! We are so incredibly blessed, I am not sure if I have done much of anything to deserve the success,  but I sure am humbled and grateful. God is good.
Me and Abby Ourth!
One more miracle, we will be having a baptism on the 19th as well. Joseph Gardner was ex-communicated years ago and has regained his faith, his testimony, and is ready to come back into the fold of Jesus Christ and begin a new great life. His wife Cheryl, was our baptism last month, and as they have grown together. He is ready to make that commitment again and be faithful to it.  Missions are not about the baptisms.  It is about teaching, helping them understand, loving them and nourishing them with Christlike love. But I sure am humbled that Heavenly Father would entrust me with so many of these precious souls.   I pray that I can do all that he would have me do. So, three baptisms in a row this month! My gratitude is unexplainable and my joy is full. It was a great week and it is a great day to be a missionary.

Always,  Sister Flink

Mom~  Here are the answers to your questions:
  • When is transfers?  Transfers are on the 22nd, that's when we'll get the call.
  •  
  • Did Lisa say anything to you about my letter?  Lisa hasn't said anything about the letter, I'm sad.   Apparently she told the Gallatin elders she was going to another church now.

  • Larry commit to Baptism?  Larry is flakey. We haven't been able to meet with him.
  •  
  • Travis?  TRAVIS IS DOING AWESOME. he's on date for baptism for Aug 2nd, I wrote a really long letter today and told you all about it
  •  
  • What did you do for the 4th of July?   4th of July, we had a big ward breakfast and then we had zone training all day, which was fine because nobody wants to talk to us on holidays anyways. Then we had dinner at a members house and then talked with Travis! I missed you guys! 
    Wade christensen and Jordan Studyvin making the pancakes!
    Brother Pratt and I!

    
     Me and my bff Savanah Vanbrunt, love her!
    Mamma Vanbrunt and I!
  • Need anything???  I don't  think I need anything. I bought some weights today with that Walmart gift card because my arms are getting a bit flabby... I miss my gym!
  •  
  • Pizza delivery???  Seriously was about to  order you and Sister Buckhave Pizza on the 4th, but Dad said that you might not be home and they would leave it unless you were there to answer the door.  Then it got too late and I didn't want you to answer the door at 10:00 pm.  That scared me.  I want you lock up safe and sound!  That's so funny what you say about the pizza, I actually was craving it this week! we ordered some hahah. mistake, we ate the whole box. we eat really healthy though, besides member meals
  •  
    Yesterday was so cool. In sacrament all the members kept mentioning how grateful they were for the sisters, and it was good but i felt so bad for the elders. their heads just hung lower and lower.. the members REALLY love the sisters. it made me sad, the elders only had 2 dinners this whole month, we have one every night. pray for them.  :( They really are great!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment