Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, September 22, 2014

"Doubt Not What Thou Knowest"‏

Family and Friends Whom I Love!
 
I hope you all had a fabulous week and a great Sunday yesterday. I have learned so much about the Sabbath day and the importance of the sacrament.  It is a sacred day! 

I love the time we spend serving at the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead as a Volunteer!  We get together once a week and have a blast!  It is always a good thing to forget about yourself and do something for others.  Never thought I would say that I love service, but I look forward to Tuesdays and seeing my fellow missionaries!  Love Sister Hansen!
This week was good! We've got some great investigators coming out of the wood works and things are actually starting to pick up. Lets pray it stays that way.
I want to share an experience I had this week. We had been tracting all day long and we decided to try a man in our Potentials named Randy. From the moment Randy stepped out of the door with his bible in his hands and the look on his face, I thought "Oh boy." and I was right. He bashed us for about an hour. And every time we'd try to leave or bear testimony he'd start going again. And you know the amazing part about the gospel, is the entire time he was talking, and he had some valid points to what he was saying, he's very knowledgeable with his bible and beliefs, but I stood there and the thing Heavenly Father wanted me to understand is the importance of a solid testimony. I stood there and the entire time I thought, "The church is so true. The church is so true, I wish you could know it." It didn't matter what he said, it didn't matter why he thought we were wrong, the more he talked, the more the spirit confirmed the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ to my heart. But YET,  I went home that night and I talked with God about it. I told him what happened, I expressed my thoughts and feelings and guess what I found myself doing? As much truth has confirmed to my heart, I still asked. I asked Heavenly Father like, I have done many times, if the church is true. And the experience I had was one I will never forget, immediately the words from a song played in my head as clear as day, and the words were profound.  
"Doubt not what thou knowest."
 
And yet again, a testimony is sealed with a power of the Holy Ghost. The truthfulness of the gospel continues to go forth. We have a loving Heavenly Father who is ready and willing to give us truth when we have a sincere heart. I'll leave you with a scripture that changed my week:
 
Romans 15:1
"We then that are strong, ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
 
Until next week, I love you all!  Have a great week!
Sister Flink 

0 comments:

Post a Comment