Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, September 8, 2014

"Why should we think to earn a great reward, if we now, shun the fight?"‏

For the first time since I have been here I can safely say that we are actually working with someone, which feels SO good to actually be teaching again. I have been so mad thinking about how all my teaching skills are starting to diminish, role plays just aren't enough! Her name is Brenda, she is on baptismal date for Sept 27th. The Lord gave us a miracle when we came to her, when we first met her she said she didn't want to learn anymore, a few weeks later we ran into her again and asked again, the next night we taught her in a members home and we invited her to be baptized. She came to church this week and enjoyed it, and she has great fellowship. We are excited!

The Lord has so much for me to learn in this area, it has been the hardest transfer of my life but I know he is teaching me. Patience, trust, perseverance, long suffering, and love. This week I have focused all my thoughts and prayers to one thing: The Character of Christ. Who he is and was, What he would do, what he would say, what would be his thoughts, his responses, his attitude, his mannerisms. Though there have been many thoughts of, "Are you sure I can do this?"  I pray for the motivation to just always be happy regardless of a homesick companion, and feeling alone, simply because I am serving the lord. I know that is joy beyond anything else.

I feel like very slowly but surely that ward is starting to see and understand that we need them to help us in this work. It has been about growing relationships with them and letting them see that we love them, we love their family and friends, and we want to help them. I had a member come up to me in sacrament yesterday regarding a comment I made in Relief Society about how we NEED their help, he said, "You made a lasting impact on my wife that moved her to tears. We prayed as a family and set goals, we really need to do better sharing the gospel. Thank you." and I shook his hand and said, "We ALL need to do better, that's why we are here.  We can help you and you can help us! Great isn't it?"  

That put a smile on my face and found joy in the that little moment. Sometimes Heavenly Father uses others to give the message to our hearts of, "You are doing good. You're doing it in the way I want. Just keep going."
 
We ARE going to find those prepared. I know it. The teaching may be slow, the area might be difficult, the ward might be tough, but nothing is impossible for the Lord, therefore nothing is impossible to those who represent his name.
 
D&C 105: 14, "For behold, I do not require at their hands to fight the battles of Zion; for, as I said in a former commandment, even so will I fulfil—I will fight‍ your battles."  And he will.

I love you all so much. Read and pray EVERY day!

Sister Flink

0 comments:

Post a Comment