Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, October 27, 2014

His grace is sufficient for you

My dear friends and those I love,
 
Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a fantastic week. We had a pretty darn good week. Main progress this week: Progress with the members. We seriously need them! We have stayed busy trying to put together and plan a fireside for the 23rd of November. President and Sister Vest have agreed that Sister Bott and I are their favorites (haha) so they are going to come and do a fireside for us. :) Its still in the works.
 
It was Sister Bott's birthday this week, BIG 20, we partied like we were on a mission or something.
Surprise!  Good Morning!

Big 20!  Missionary Style!
(So we tracted) but we also got a cool little evening out of it! We got to go to a concert called "Better Together" and it was a bunch of small churches around here that came together and put on a benefit concert to raise money and food for the local pantry.  We took a less active so we got to go.  It was at a Catholic Church that organized it and it was fun to see all the different followers of Christ come together. We weren't allowed to proselyte or else I would've grabbed the mic or something!
Jagan Dockstader
We had an investigator and 2 less actives at church on Sunday. Vanessa is our only solid investigator and she told us Sunday she is moving, so that was a bummer and we are back to square one with investigators but I looked around, saw those two less actives, and realized I was still fulfilling my purpose.
 
I got to go to Cameron this weekend! Oh the joy in my heart going to that place! A lady I taught for awhile, Jennifer Schumate, got baptized. When I was teaching her she wanted to get baptized but couldn't because her and Daniel were living together. The sisters continued working, they got married, and then got baptized! It is so rewarding to see the seeds Heavenly Father planted through me and Sister Moody and Buckhave, to continue being harvested. So overall, good week! Good things happening and progressing. Lots of laughs and happy vibes.
Jennifer Schumate
I  have studied a lot lately about the atonement and the grace of Christ. The enabling power he has to change us, to reform us, to refine us. I testify to you that the power of Christ's atonement is real and eternal. His grace, his enabling power, has the capacity and ability to heal us from the inside out. The price has already been paid for. Do we realize that? Do we realize that we are not utilizing Christ's atonement if we are not repenting daily, partaking of the sacrament and giving all we have to him?
"He cannot work with what he does not have. And the only thing he cannot make us give him is our heart and our will."
The grace of Christ is sufficient—sufficient to cover our debt, sufficient to transform us, and sufficient to help us as long as that transformation process takes. The Book of Mormon teaches us to rely solely on “the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah” (2 Nephi 2:8). As we do, we do not discover—as some Christians believe—that Christ requires nothing of us. Rather, we discover the reason He requires so much and the strength to do all He asks (see Philippians 4:13). Grace is not the absence of God’s high expectations. Grace is the presence of God’s power (see Luke 1:37).
 
Christ's grace is sufficient.   I love you all! Have a great week!
Sister Flink

0 comments:

Post a Comment