Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, December 15, 2014

Angles we have heard on High

Hello My Dearly Beloveds~

Happy Monday from Albany!
Missouri style heating
This week was great. We had our all mission Christmas conference, it was so fun!
Best Mission in the Church!! I love MIM!
President and Sister Vest!

 
Sister Penman
My sweet Mission Mom, Sister Vest
Said goodbye to Elder Holt,  He was the greatest missionary and such a positive influence on me. Headed home for Christmas!
He's in our ward! Elder Dean, he's waiting for his visa in this mission!
Its always nice to see other missionaries especially when you're up in Albany and you only get to see other missionaries at Zone conferences because you have to drive 2 hours. So when you're up here, you better like your companion! Good thing I have an awesome one.
We have found some pretty sweet new investigators this week, two of them being families so we are stoked about that. Yesterday at church we had a less active FINALLY come who hasn't come in years and said she'd be back next week. We also had our Branch Christmas party and a few people came, not as many as we had hoped but the ones that did brought non members and so we were happy about that. We did a cute little program and had yummy food, the branch is really coming together. We are going to start doing "Missionary Movie Night" once a month, we will pop popcorn and show a good church movie, good opportunity to bring families and invite friends. Ill keep ya'll updated on that one.
Kiss under the mistletoe this year...
I finally received by "Hump Day" package from my Mom!  It took forever to get here!  I loved it!  I loved the 25 days of  Service" Banner.  I love getting things from home!
I am overwhelmed with gratitude for my Savior Jesus Christ. Do we truly understand what he did and what it means when he says, "My grace is sufficient." The dear savior was born into the world to do the will of his heavenly father, and with his perfect love, perfect kindness, perfect mercy, perfect humility, perfect submissiveness, he did a PERFECT job for his father. He truly glorified him in "taking upon him the sins of the world" but not only our sins, everything that we face and feel in this life. The savior knows, he understands perfectly and completely. What gift could we have greater than a savior who suffered for me, for YOU, and for all of us. Being a missionary, you truly understand what is most important. Please do not forget your savior Jesus Christ, this Christmas. Go watch the 'He is the Gift' video, and PLEASE share it. Share it with all, show appreciation for the gift your savior Jesus Christ has given you, by representing him more fully, and by bearing witness of his divinity and precious atonement.

I love you all, Merry Christmas.

Xoxo, Sister Flink

0 comments:

Post a Comment