Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Saturday, December 20, 2014

May all our hearts prepare him room

Have a very Merry Christmas!  
This week was great! I have so much I could say but really I just want to focus on what really matters this holiday season, our Savior Jesus Christ.

As I have studied his life, his teachings, his atonement, and every good gift that he offers us, I have come to know my Savior Jesus Christ more fully. He is real to me, he is more real than he has ever been and I love him with my entire soul. I love him because without him I would never be able to change, and I have. Because of my saviors infinite love, grace, and mercy, I have experienced what the scriptures call a "mighty change of heart" and I will never be the same. I understand now that Jesus Christ came BY the will of his father, and he did the will of his father, and he did a perfect job in all things. He said, "I am Jesus Christ. I came by the will of the father, and I do his will." And when we truly understand the savior we understand that because OF him we can too say, "I am Sister Jacqueline Nicole Flink. I came to serve a mission (or too earth) BY the will of the father, and I strive to do his will." I never cease to be amazed at the submissive humility of the savior. Because he who was innocent suffered SO much, our "Whys" will never compare to his. YET, we can still offer the same submissive response of "Nevertheless.." That is just it. It is not what we want, it not what we think we need, and our purpose in this life is too understand that our will is not our fathers, and we NEED our Savior Jesus Christ for those wills to align. We can be happy and we will find joy in all things through our Savior Jesus Christ, and he is the perfect example. He didn't just come and "do it" to get it over with, he came, he did it perfectly, and he LOVED what he did because he loves us and he loves his father. That is the beauty of the perfect sacrifice of the son.

He is the gift. He is Christmas. He is everything to me and he is my savior. I love him, I want to draw closer to him each and every day. He has filled me with his love and I know of his peace, it is real. He is real, and he can become real to each and every one of us. Heavenly father gave us the gift of his son, give him the gift of your heart.

May we remember this Christmas the true "light and life" of the world, our savior Jesus Christ.

I love you all, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Christmas Package from my family!
P.S. Go eat lots of sugar and enjoy family. God bless you all, I will be thinking of you!

Sister Flink

Mom~  Here is a picture for all the people that I didn't send presents too... 

I also need you to print something off for me and send it, a story called "Don't leave it on the desk" its an analogy about the atonement. See if you can find it.

Karen Grant Merseal
We had a great teaching week! Our investigator Thomas in progressing well, as well as Lillie. She wants to be baptized on the 8th, Sister Allred and I will make sure she will be ready! We found a SWEET way prepared investigator yesterday when tracting in the freezing rain.. We're going back to see him on Friday. Last night we gathered up the Senior Sisters and The Sperry family and went caroling around the town. It was a blast. We texted everyone  in the branch and invited them.  
The Sperry Family
I did my "25 Days of Service" for Christmas! Here are a few pictures!

The weeks are flying by here. Its like a blink and then its pday again, that makes me afraid for the rest of my mission!
 
Well, I get to talk to you on Christmas so I'll tell more!

love you! SEE you SOON!

0 comments:

Post a Comment