Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, June 9, 2014

Bigger, Better, Bolder!

Cheryl's Family

Sister Flink, Cheryl, Sister Moody, Sister Buckhave

My first Baptism! 

Chery!  I love her so much!


This is my Saturday morning, "Cheryl is getting baptized today!" face.
Hey Ya'll!

I got good news to deliver this week. Cheryl was baptized and confirmed this week. She is the newest member of the Cameron, Missouri ward. Her baptism was wonderful! The spirit was so strong and she was just glowing with happiness and love for the gospel. She texted us the night before and said, "thank you for what you have done. I know the church is true." But it wasnt us that did it at all, and i know that. Her confirmation in sacrament the next day was done by her father in law, who has prayed for years for his family to come into the gospel, and as he sat in his wheelchair and placed his hands on her head, he just cried because he was so happy. It was a touching moment to see this gospel starting to change an entire family, one of her nephews will be baptized this coming Saturday.
 
And as a missionary, them saying they KNOW its true is the greatest thing you could ever hear. She already has a temple trip planned her and her husband are looking forward to being sealed in one year. Salvation is so sweet my friends! You know as I watched her come up out of the water, I watched as a new life began. And I was so happy for her. And she was so happy. and its REAL happiness, the kind you cant buy, the kind the world doesn't and never will offer, the kind that only comes through the Savior and his true and living church on the earth.
 
Though the baptisms do not come easy here in Missouri, they do come! And we have been so blessed. We are looking forward to 2 more baptisms this month, and more opportunities to learn and grow and be BIGGER, BETTER, BOLDER missionaries. The work continues to go forth, and so should we.

Got a great care package from my Mommy today!  Loved it!
You are my Sunshine, My only Sunshine!

Oh no I am not! 

You can do HARD things! 

 
I love you all! Have a fantastic week!

Sister Flink

0 comments:

Post a Comment