Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, June 8, 2015

Purify the Motive!

Hello, hello!
My NEW Ipad!!
P-day again? Time has got to stop in its tracks, I am getting a little tired of trying to keep up. I hope you have all had a good week, it has been wonderful for me. This week has been full of changing and uplifting experiences. The mission never ceases to amaze me, actually sorry, it's not the mission, it's the Savior and Heavenly Father. THEIR work never ceases to amaze me. 

Well not that this is super important, but I AM emailing off my new iPad, so that's pretty sweet. It is amazing to watch what this tool can do for the work. We've been able to teach off digital pamphlets, show videos on doorsteps and on the street, and all the tools for studying and preparing for investigators is wonderful. If we do it right, this will change the way of the work. If we do it wrong, it could be dangerous. Good thing that the greatest filter is your heart. And the greatest tool is the measure of true conversion. 

This week I have had some amazing experiences with recent converts. I was able to go with one of my converts, Garrett Ourth, to the Kansas City temple so he could receive his endowments. Brothers and sisters, it is hard to find words to express the joy. It is not the most common thing to be able to see a convert go through the temple while your still on your mission, therefore, I feel so blessed. He has now made all the necessary covenants (besides eternal marriage) to receive his celestial glory. Think of that, isn't it beautiful? What could be better? As soon as he returns off his mission in Puerto Rico, his family will be sealed for time and all eternity. If that doesn't make your heart swell with joy for the gospel of Jesus Christ, I'm not sure what could. D&C 19 "Now, what do we hear in the gospel which we have received? A voice of gladness! A voice of mercy from heaven; and a voice of truth out of the earth; glad tidings for the dead; a voice of gladness for the living and the dead; glad tidings of great joy. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth!"
The Jamesons, Garrett, Me, The Vanbrunts Family


The Vanbrunts, Garrett, Me, and the Jamesons

I also had the privilege of going with another recent convert, in this area, to receive her patriarchal blessing last night.  That was another rare occurrence. As she has no family support, she wanted the missionaries to be by her side. It was an incredible experience, she was baptized 3 months ago and was promised incredible things by her Father in Heaven. 

We had MLC (mission leadership council) this week where we were trained on the iPads and then in turn trained the Zone on Friday at Zone Training. It was interesting the way president asked us to train. We split up the zone into districts, and Sister Olesen (my comp) and Elder Meador (zone leader) trained one district and Me and Elder Thomas trained the other district. It was successful and now the entire MIM has iPads, watch out world.
So yesterday, Linda Reeves from the relief society presidency came and spoke at a YSA conference and we were able to take an investigator. She talked about keeping our eyes focused on the house of the lord. She talked a little about how Heavenly Father works, she said, "He gives us a little today, and if we improve, he gives us a little more tomorrow, and a little more the next day.  But if we do not improve, he cannot build upon." 

So, I hit my 15 month mark yesterday. That is nonsense, I object.
This is my OBJECT face! 
I want you to know the gospel is spreading forth in its power, the Savior to coming to reign and not only must we be ready, but we must prepare the world to be ready. Come join the ranks.

I love you all. The Savior Jesus Christ lives. The Holy Ghost LOVES us, he gave up a physical body so he could comfort, inspire, uplift, and teach us truth. God is our loving Heavenly Father and he knows us personally and individually!   That knowledge is beyond price.
I love you guys and  take care!

Until next time~  XOXO SISTER FLINK OUT !

Hey Mom!   I got to go to Grandview this week and look for YSA's. I kept saying, I need a picture for my Dad! And I barely got one driving on the freeway but I got it! Me and Daddyo.
My comp is adorable, we have a great time. Love her tons.
By the way, I haven't gotten any letters in WEEKS!!!! Also, I can read emails anytime through the week, just can't reply until Monday, so you can send me little messages or pictures throughout the week! 
 
Love you Mom! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment