Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Monday, June 1, 2015

"There Are No Tragedies In The Gospel of Jesus Christ."‏

Well, I don't have tons of time today but I will sum up my week the best I can. I forgot my camera this week so I will send lots of pictures next week!

Kris was baptized this Saturday and confirmed on Sunday, it was INCREDIBLE. He was so happy and the joy of the gospel truly radiated in his countenance. After His confirmation he came up to us in tears and said, "Sisters, I have never felt so much happiness in my life. I feel so good." That's just it. The gospel is simply beautiful, and beautifully simple. I am so excited for his new journey, after all, that's what it is, a journey!
My sweet Grandpa Davis passed away this week, I was able to say my goodbyes and realize how lucky we are to have the knowledge of eternal families and life after death.
If I didn't know that, it would've crushed me. It would've been too much, it would've made me catch the next flight home to be with my suffering family.. But because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ we really do know, we really can know where they are and what they are doing, we really can find peace and consolation for our losses.  Of the many things I owe my deepest gratitude for, this week it is the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and the Plan of Salvation.  My favorite scripture ran through my mind over and over, Mosiah 16: 6-9:

And now if Christ had not come into the world, speaking of things to come as though they had already come, there could have been no redemption.
7 And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection.
8 But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.
9 He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.

"I have been lifted and carried through this weekend as my Grandpa has been my guardian Angel. I know temple blessings are real, I KNOW I will see him again and be with him again, and I KNOW that is why I am out here serving.  After he had passed, I took about 10 minutes to cry and then wiped my tears and said, "Alright Pops, lets go to work." And we did, and together we saw miracles.
With all my heart, I know the Savior lives, I know he rose on the third day and because of him, we will ALL live again. There is nothing to hard, no pain to difficult, no sorrow to deep, that the Saviors Atonement cannot reach. It reaches beyond the veil of death and onto the eternities.
I am grateful and honored to be the Masters servant, I am grateful that in times of need we truly find strength beyond our own. And we truly do have legions on angles sweeping the path before us to help us find our way back to our Heavenly Home.

I love you all, I hope you have a wonderful week.

XOXO Sister Flink

Hey mom! We just finished up interviews with President Vest, we talked about school and I let him know that I will be staying until September 18th  . I'm just gonna go home when the Lord intended me too! Thank you for the cupcakes to brighten my day!  I needed those- NOT!  I don't want treats!  But I loved them anyways!
I sent a letter in the mail yesterday, but it has been a good week. I was so grateful to see grandpa and be able to say goodbye, that was a tender mercy. You have no reason to worry, I have been at peace and have been comforted, I know Gramps has been here with me. It is hard to express the feelings of being out here not being able to do anything, but the Lord understands. I am glad everyone is coming home for the funeral, send everyone my love. Wish I could be there, but need to be here. I wrote Grammy and letter this week too, she is such a strong woman, It's amazing.  The fact that he passed the day before Memorial Day is amazing. He is so worth honoring! I love him.
Baptism went great, Kris is such a stud. He is ready to take on the gospel world. I forgot my camera today so ill have to send pictures next week!

I am feeling fine. My battle wound is healing up nicely!

Sister Olesen is wonderful, she's so cute. She's from Sandy!
I love you Mom! I miss you all and I'll talk to you soon. Hey, we got an extra Skype session than normal! Yay!  HaHa 

XOXO Sister Flink


0 comments:

Post a Comment