Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Sacrifice Brings Forth The Blessings Of Heaven

Hey everyone!

Wow, what a great, miracle filled week out here in Missouri. We truly have been blessed, as we've fasted and prayed for miracles we were able to find many new investigators this week and were able to set one on baptismal date in the first lesson. Sister Olesen and I are feeling extremely thankful.

Tuesday we had exchanges with some of our sisters, and then we had Wednesday to be in our area, and then Friday exchanges again. Only 2 more for the transfer and then start over again! Busy busy busy. I'm more exhausted then I've ever been in my entire life, but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world.  We are working hard out here for the souls in this part of the Lord's Vineyard.

Shane is the investigator now preparing for baptism, he was given to us from Luis, our recent convert. He was a miracle, another testimony to me that no matter how slow, or sometimes discouraging things may be, the Lord has never forgotten us.  He is simply seeing if we will stay faithful and trust him while he perhaps prepares something better for us.  I know that to be true.

This week, I had an experience with an old companion of mine, Sister Buckhave. She is incredible. We were companions when she was 6 months out and I was 3 months out, and she goes home this next week. As I sat with her and reflected how much we have both grown and changed, without question we both contributed so much of our growth to the time we had together. As we sat and said goodbye, tears rolled down our faces. The Lord refines us with the people he sends to us to help us learn and grow and become. And to be honest, I wish I would've appreciated her more when she was actually my companion, it is one of my biggest regrets, but looking back and seeing how patient and compassionate she was to me, the Lord sent her to me to teach me. To teach me patience, and Christlike love. Humility, and obedience to the will of God. As we expressed how much of an impact we had on each other, it is not just for mission time, it is for the rest of our lives. I truly don't know of very many friendships that are as treasured as those you have while laboring for the Lord. There is nothing better than a friend/mission companion who sees every side of you, especially the hot summer days riding bikes and Missouri rain storms drenched from head to toe and going forth in the work of the Lord. I have loved my companions, I have treasured their friendship and testimony, the Lord has truly blessed me in every Aspect of my journey. #LongLiveSisterB


"The repentance process is clearly a process of changing desires. It is a process of making space for the Spirit. And when we make space for the Spirit, there is no space left for sin.
 
I testify that the Lord needs us to change our desires, today. We are constantly changing and evolving, but are we evolving and changing in the right direction? Are we repenting daily? Are we preparing to partake of the sacrament throughout the week? Are we asking the Lord to change our motives, and then are letting the Lord purity the motive? Do we treasure scripture study and find peace and comfort while on our knees? Do we seek for the gifts of the spirit to make us whole? Do we walk, talk, act, like disciples of our Savior Jesus Christ? 

President Uchtdorf said, "Love should be our walk and our talk."

Well folks, there is sunshine in my soul today! I love this gospel. I love being called to WORK, to work my tail off in the cause of truth. 


I hope you have a wonderful week. Shoutout to my Daddy-O, Happy Father's Day next week, I love you so much! 

Xoxo, Sister Flink

0 comments:

Post a Comment