Why am I serving the Lord?

Why am I serving the Lord?

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Stand a Little Taller!

Well, good afternoon my friends! Good to be back!
 Its was a good week last week. I can't really remember much of what we did though sadly (missionary brain)
I will miss Sister Hunt!  We have had a blast together!
Transfers!  Always great to see everyone again!
Companion #9 - My New Companion - Sister Olesen from Sandy UT
Elder Buckalew and Sister Buckhave
 Elder Butterfield
 
Elder McCurdy
Elder Winnager and Elder Fishehateu, Sister Hunt and I
My First Companion - Sister Mancell (Layton UT) and My Third Companion - Sister Buckhave (Apple Valley CA)
I love Sister Hunt and am going to miss her!
Sister Penman is going home!
We taught a lot of youth and less actives lessons, and we found a solid new investigator Taylor! We are really excited about her, she was a miracle headquarters referral.
 
On Thursday we had the all mission conference and Elder Clarke from the 70 came and spoke to us. It was a training to receive IPADS which we'll be getting tomorrow, but it was so much more than that. It was about how to be the servant of the Lord he expects you to be, how to stay strong through adversity, how to conquer Satan and his temptations, how to overcome the natural man and become saints through Jesus Christ. It was amazing, and I learned so much. I've learned how much easier it is to find myself, because their is so much more of me to find. I have found how true is really is when Christ made the declaration that when we lose ourselves, we will find ourselves.
 
"If what we see, we see with our natural eyes, and if what we hear, with our natural ears, then we wont know very much." Elder Boyd K. Packer
Elder Buckalew
All Mission Conference!
We are definitely in the finding stages of our work, we have been tracting a lot and trying to serve the members to find new people to teach. This week we bought bishop a tie and bishops wife some flowers so they know we appreciate them.
 
Today I get to go to Garrett Ourths endowment session to see him make more covenants with Heavenly Father. I will also get to see some of the Cameron Family!   I am so grateful I had the chance to teach this family and see them progress in the Gospel. There is no sweeter feeling.
 
Well, I love you all. Sorry for the lame email this week,  I'm tired. I hope you have a fantastic week. 
 
Sister Flink

0 comments:

Post a Comment